Building Instructions for our latest Utility product – Americana House 2
1) All MDF parts are pre-painted “pristine” and both sides of the MDF sheet are covered with a protective paper covering.
This covering needs to be removed from one or both sides prior to assembly
2) MDF parts are held in the frame by small lugs of MDF, roughly 0.5mm-1mm wide. Parts should be CUT from the frame, from the reverse side, using a strong knife (we recommend the “Olfa L-1 Heavy Duty”)
3) We recommend dry-fitting parts before assembly – this usually highlights either missing parts, wrong parts and/or difficult/tricky elements before glueing and ultimately saves time and making mistakes.
4)For glue, we recommend Deluxe Materials Super-Phatic, alternatively a good aliphatic resin (yellow wood glue) or a strong PVA, and also Deluxe Materials Tacky-Glue.
5) Buildings with signs included generally have two different types of sign: the first is one built-in to the black edging design and the second is a removable sign that can be clipped to any roof edge. It is possible to use both signs at once on different parts of the building.
6) Colours of buildings shown in the instructions may not match the colours of your building.
7) As a “rule of thumb” the buildings are generally built in the same manner: Interiors first, then end walls and then sidewalls. However please refer to individual building instructions as this does vary from building to building.
8) Don’t forget to remove the backing paper from your MDF!
9) Have a pack of baby wipes on hand to keep your fingers clean – that way you will not get dirty fingerprints on the pristine-finish painted MDF.