Instructions for our latest ‘Utility’ building for Survival, Weston Park House.
1) The are our ‘Utility’ buildings and as such all MDF parts are unpainted and uncovered. You do not need to remove any paper from the MDF. Put the building together, then it is suitable for painting.
2) MDF parts are held in the frame by small lugs of MDF, roughly 0.5mm-1mm wide. Parts should be CUT from the frame, from the reverse side, using a strong knife (we recommend the “Olfa L-1 Heavy Duty”)
3) We recommend dry-fitting parts before assembly – this usually highlights either missing parts, wrong parts and/or difficult/tricky elements before glueing and ultimately saves time and making mistakes.
4)For glue, we recommend Deluxe Materials Super-Phatic, alternatively a good aliphatic resin (yellow wood glue) or a strong PVA, and also Deluxe Materials Tacky-Glue.
5) Colours of buildings shown in the instructions may not match the colours of your building.
6) As a “rule of thumb” the buildings are generally built in the same manner: Interiors first, then end walls and then sidewalls. However please refer to individual building instructions as this does vary from building to building.
7) Sometimes the edges of the MDF and card can be dirty. Have a pack of baby wipes on hand to keep your fingers clean – that way you will not smudge dirty around the model. Painting the building will stop this from happening long term.